Use your expertise to help researchers find the cure to diseases!
Bliq Photonics designs and manufactures state of the art microscopy systems which are essential for life sciences researchers who are looking for new ways to prevent, treat, and cure diseases. The software we design manages the high-performance data acquisition of our microscopes. Our team is growing, and we currently have 12 people, four of whom are on the programming team. We are looking for a programmer who is ready to tackle important challenges in software development in order to drive our products forward.
We are looking for a programmer to complete our R&D team. If you are ready for a new and exciting challenge, come join us in Quebec City!
The ideal candidate should possess the following experience and qualities:
- A solid background in computer engineering, electronics engineering or physics engineering. (Any other relevant training may be considered);
- A strong interest in software architecture development;
- An ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to openly share knowledge and skills;
- Be resourceful, autonomous and interested in the agility of a small business;
- Be responsible and have a great sense of initiative.
One or more of the following elements will be considered as assets:
- Swift 5.0, Objective-C and XCode for the entire code;
- Excellent knowledge of macOS, Cocoa libraries and all its frameworks;
- Metal for high performance image analysis on GPUs;
- Python for configuration scripts;
- Strict use of unit tests, test automation;
- Management of microscopy and laser devices (USB and PCIe).
Why join the Bliq Photonics team?
- To work within a team of experts in physics, biology and engineering in a friendly atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork;
- To appreciate an employer who values respect and offers flexible work schedules;
- Bliq Photonics is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion;
- To help build a high-potential technology company where the people behind it are recognized as the core value;
- To give meaning to your work by developing tools that will help researchers find solutions to diseases;
To enjoy work facilities very well located in beautiful Quebec City, equipped with a cafeteria, a gym and which are easily accessible by public transport.