You are passionate about software development and architecture? You want to make a difference in medical research by helping the scientists speed up their discoveries?
Bliq Photonics, an innovative and growing company specializing in the design, production and marketing of advanced microscopy solutions, is recruiting!
We are looking for a programmer with at least five years of experience in order to complete our R&D team in the field of design and global application architecture (GUI and backend).
About the opportunity
– Take part in the development process with the R&D team;
– Identify software requirements from the R&D project requirements;
– Plan the implementation of new features and refactoring/maintenance work;
– Plan the releases and orchestrate their deployment to the users;
– Architectural and Code-review;
– Write project documentation and its support;
– Implement new features with relevant unit tests;
– Build user interfaces using SwiftUI;
– Write code for image or data processing on the GPU using Metal.
– 5+ years’ experience designing and building software applications;
– Background in software programming or computer engineering or devops. (Any other relevant training may be considered);
– Experience working on complex software projects;
– A strong interest in software architecture development;
– Ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to openly share knowledge and skills;
– Ability to oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design;
– Resourceful, autonomous and interested in the agility of a small business.
Why join the Bliq Photonics team?
– To give meaning to your work by developing tools that will help researchers find solutions to diseases;
– To work within a team of experts in physics, biology and engineering in a friendly atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork;
– To help build a high-potential technology company where the people behind it are recognized as the core value;
– To appreciate an employer who values respect and offers flexible work schedules, a hybrid workplace, a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation and access to a financial planner;
– For a company that supports the well being of it’s employees by giving a 500$ gift card annually for any well being activities;
– Bliq Photonics is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion;
– To enjoy work facilities very well located in beautiful Quebec City easily accessible by public transport.